How To Choose The Best Items For Your First Stampin’ Up Order
Someone who is new to paper crafting can often feel overwhelmed by the endless possibilities for new supplies. The first time I flipped through my copy of the Stampin’ Up Annual catalog I was distracted from my original wishlist with each new thing I saw. In order to help guide future shoppers to success, I created my Top 10 List of essential Stampin’ Up supplies for any beginner to this hobby (or to Stampin’ Up in general). These picks represent my vision for building a useful supply stash. With these ten items just about anyone could start making cards right away and not feel limited. (There is nothing worse than placing an expensive order only to find out something is missing and, as a result, another order is necessary). This Top 10 List of Stampin’ Up Supplies gives a new crafter a great foundation to build future collection on. Just add a suitable craft space like a large desk and a bookshelf for storage and that’s all it takes. Check out my Top 10 List below to see what items would make a fabulous first order for fun crafting right out of the box.
Carrie B.’s Top 10 Essentials List For Stampin’ Up Newbies
- A Mini Die Cutting Machine
- 1 Pack of 12″ x 12: Cardstock Set in a fun color range like: Regals, Subtles, Brights
- 1 ink pad collection in the same color range as the Cardstock Pack: Regals, Subtles, Brights
- A set of nested shape dies like: circles or rectangles
- A set of basic white cards and envelopes
- A versatile set of year-round sentiment stamps (sentiments are the fancy term for what the card says) and a Stampin’ Block to use with them.
- Adhesive like: precision glue, tape or dimensional foam tape dots
- Paper Trimmer/Scorer
- A Seasonal Suite like: Christmas , Autumn or Spring
- A Waterproof Black Memento Ink Pad – the outlines of a stamped image made with this ink won’t run when watercolored over with a water painter brush or when colored with a marker
Don’t forget to check out my current host code and Shopper Loyalty Program to earn a fun gift from me just to say: I know there are a lot of choices out there so thanks for placing your order with me!