Stampin’ Up’s Latest and Greatest Suite
The February 2023 Paper Pumpkin ‘Sunshine & Smiles’ was announced aafter I had the Rain or Shine suite of prosucts. The subscription box would coordinate with the Rain or Shine Bundle and it had an optional set add-on set of dies special for the kit. It was then I decided to purchase both sets. Below are some of the designs I came up with.
Rain Or Shine Card Layouts
Recipes For Success
I received my Rain or Shine bundle first and wasn’t instantly inspired by it. I set it out for a few days before I started stamping the images for coloring. But, once I got started the ideas just would not abate! The Rain or Shine DSP for this set is really deluxe with shimmery accents on the water droplets of rain and umbrellas. It’s so fun to use because the paper is so cute.
For my cards, I stamped my images on white and crumb cake cardstock with Memento ink before coloring. Memento ink is water based and works well with the alcohol markers. It also shows through Prismacolors well. I used alcohol makers, Prismacolor pencils and watercolor paints.
Try the following techniques:
- Create an Easter Card or Baby Shower Card by using colors pastel colors to give your animals for a springy feel.
- Color your animals to look like the native species of your area. I made some of mine southwest-themed since I live in Tucson.
- Use vellum to create a layer that still shows the beautiful paper yet frames your colored/die cut animals and accents.
- Create your own sentiments with your stamps and die alphabets.
- Color the background of your animals before die cutting to create a more detailed focal piece that will stand out and look finished.
- Don’t be afraid to combine sets to achieve your idea.
- Use glue to bunch a small handful the Loose Daisy Embellishments to your card.